Following is a list of issues with which Congress is dealing - or should be dealing. For more information, click on the name of the issue.
- Drug War - The War on Drugs has caused far more problems than it has solved. It's a waste of taxpayer money, erodes our traditional liberties, encourages corruption of our police and justice system, and is a leading cause of violent crime. It's time to end it, completely.
- Education - We must move to replace the current socialist model with free-market solutions that better serve our kids, allow teachers to do their best, and take advantage of new technology to reduce costs.
- Health Care - Government has made a mess of this, through a combination of over-regulation, tax policy, and subsidies. The answer is not "single payer". The answer is to get government out of this industry entirely.
- Immigration - Our current immigration policies are unjust and unworkable. Being able to move to a different place is a basic human right that should not be infringed by any government. There are several practical steps that Congress could take in the short term to move us in the right direction.
- Science - Science is too important to allow government to manage or control it. Science is a process by which we increase our understanding of the natural world, always seeking better models, not a set of facts that can properly be the subject of legislation or edict.
- Taxes - Taxes are too high. Existing taxes should be cut. No new taxes should be added. Government spending also needs to be cut, so that taxes can be reduced without increasing government debt.
- Transportation - New technologies are creating a golden opportunity to meet real transportation needs without increasing our tax burden, and without the corruption and boondoggles that have plagued this industry in the past.
- War and Peace - It's the responsibility of Congress to set policies about use of American military resources – including funding, management, and, if it becomes necessary, declaring war. So it's the responsibility of Congress to end the waste of taxpayer money, the disability and death of our fellow citizens, and the bad will of people around the world, that all result from our current over-extended military establishment.